Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update: Recycling Batteries and CDs

Thanks to the Office of Recycling at the D.C. Department of Public Works I now have some answers. I have received a great new list of the items that you can bring to Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling. There you can recycle: CDs, DVDs, Video tapes, Audio Tapes, and batteries of all kinds. According to the website Rechargeable Battery Recycling Coalition , you can take rechargeable batteries and cell phones to Frager's (Capitol Hill) and the Radio Shack at L'Enfant.

However, as far as I know, there is no drop-off location on the Hill for regular batteries. VGDA is working with a Hill business to do this. Do you know of battery drop-off locations in other parts of DC?

3 comments:

  1. I think its great that batteries will begin to run through solar energy. I mean its about time that our planet started initiating alternative sources for energy. Ever since I was a youngin', it was all about the four R's//
    Reduce
    Reuse
    Recycle
    Restore
    And now thank goodness for the futuristic innovations to improve the worlds environment cycle.
    HP Laptop Batteries

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is very nice,the post of laptop batteries Taught me a lot I will continue to pay attention to your blog

    ReplyDelete