- Heat milk to 180-185 degrees (use a candy or meat thermometer).
- Rinse a large glass jar (or a couple of jars) with boiling water.
- Let milk cool to 110 degrees.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, pour into jar(s), and put on a lid.
- Wrap the jar(s) with towels and place in unheated oven. (I actually turned on the oven to 200 degrees very briefly before putting the yogurt in.)
- Let it sit for 7 hours (I actually started too late in the day, so I just let it sit until morning: 12 hours. If it went bad, you would quickly smell it.)
- If it is thickened, then place it in the refrigerator.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Stop using plastic yogurt containers today
It is unbelievably easy to make your own yogurt. I made yogurt for the first time last week and now am wondering why I never tried before. There are directions all over the web. It is so easy: