Saturday, December 8, 2012

Green Gifts: Bike Helmet Covers

Well, 'tis the season, so over the next weeks, I'll provide some green gift ideas.  Now that Mayor Gray has declared Uturns across bike lanes illegal (thank you!) and with the L St Cycle Track all coupled with really not so cold temps, it's a great time to outfit your cycle friends with some bike swag.  Helmet covers are a great idea as they help keep heads warm AND dry, and depending on the color, increase visibility. Sadly, I've not been able to find these covers at any local bike shops, so I bought mine on line.  I bought a "one-size-fits-all" model...and it worked on my helmet.  To boot, mine has reflector tape on the front..and a reflector tape loop on the back that I can attach an LED light to to further increase my visibility.  They come in a wide array of prices.  Mine cost some $12 and is made of durable and washable material.  Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment