Sunday, January 26, 2014

WooHoo!! We're Getting Larger Recycling Bins!!!!

A soon-to-be relic! (The small recycling bin - not the dog!)

According to a January 23rd, DC Department of Environment Press Release, DC residents will be receiving larger (supercan) recycling bins and new garbage cans as of February 2014.  Residents have long complained that the current recycling bins just can accommodate all of their recyclables and this has led to a build up of materials in alleys and on the streets. It's been more than 10 years since the current supercans were distributed.  The larger recycling bins will help DC attain its target of diverting 80 percent of the waste stream through recycling, composting, and waste conversion.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really rarely ever do I face a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and enable me notify you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent the issue is something that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my look for for some thing referring to this. Reusable Moving Box

    ReplyDelete