Sunday, November 9, 2014

Tis the Season - To PLANT THINGS

Now, before it gets too cold, is the ideal time to plant bulbs and even trees so they can settle in over the winter and come forth in all their glory in the Spring!  

In addition to daffodils and tulips, plant cloves of garlic so you'll have your own stash of scapes and bulbs ready to harvest in the summer. Just take a bulb apart, keeping the papery coating on each clove.  Soak in baking soda and seaweed for a couple of hours.  Right, seaweed.  I just plant mine about 2# deep, rooty side down.  Worried about squirrels?  Pick up some dried blood at your local garden/hardware store and sprinkle some around the bulbs.  The squirrels will never touch them. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that's equally educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you may have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for anything referring to this. Moving Supplies Vancouver
    Green Moving Box

    ReplyDelete